Sunday 2 March 2008

Tisca Chopra


Q: So how is your life post TZP?

A: It's been very exciting. I am full of appreciation for the great opportunity I got to touch so many lives. At the same time, I am becoming aware of the expectations from me to do the very best work.

Q: You have been appreciated by the audience, including parents, so are you content now?

A: I am one of those people who find rest in activity or contentment in constant search. I am far from content...my journey has just begun.

Q: Tell us about the journey of TZP?

A: It was the most beautiful and creative time where all energies were synchronized to make this incredible film possible!

Q: How did you get this role?

A: In the most classical way! I got a call and went for an audition. I did my best and got the part.

Q: What kind of preparation did you do for Maya Awasthi?

A: There were many workshops and readings with the entire cast. Beyond that I trained with Feroz Abbas Khan and Naseerudin Shah much before I signed the film. I have also done a lot of theatre.

Q: Were not you apprehensive initially about your role? There were chances that your role might get unnoticed?

A: I had no such thoughts. And while doing any work I never think of anything besides doing the job to the best of my ability.

Q: You played a mother in TZP, what feelings were you going through off-screen?

A: We were all like a bunch of kids hanging out and having fun. I got on very well with the kids. Darsheel taught me UNO and several games on his Gameboy. We had lots of fun playing table tennis in Panchghani!

Q: Aamir Khan, who is known to be a hard taskmaster, must have been strict to you at times. So tell us about one such incident.

A: Not really... But you know I am good at my job so maybe he didn't have reason to be strict!

Q: Are you looking forward to working with Aamir again?

A: It would be a pleasure!

Q: Tell us about the films which are in your kitty at present?

A: I am doing Nandita Das's film IN SUCH TIMES and am reading several scripts at the moment.

Q: Your career has come a full circle now; as you are there from where you had started (started doing films as Priya Arora and is back to films with a bang now). So how your whole trip like?

A: I have enjoyed the whole process a lot. To me the joy has been in learning so much from life. And of course I met some splendid people on the way.

Q: What is keeping you busy these days?

A: I am reading a lot of scripts, meeting directors for narrations, doing some writing work and also planning to start building my farmhouse in Karjat sometime this year.

Q: Are you looking forward to awards this year?

A: I never expected to be nominated, let alone win an award. It is fun, but I never can take all this too seriously. When I won the Max Stardust Readers' Choice Award for the Best Supporting Actor, I saw my parents faces and it was then that I realized how much they enjoyed and that made me very happy!

Q: Many ace directors like Karan Johar have appreciated you for your outstanding performance. Do you see any possibilities of working with them?

A: I met Karan at a party recently and he told me that he enjoyed the film and my work. He has made some lovely films and it would be a pleasure to work with directors like him. He has made so many outstanding films that I myself have watched as a member of the audience. Truly the reaction from the industry has been thrilling

Q: How is it playing Ronit Roy's wife in Sarrkkar?

A:The relationships one portrays are secondary. What is important is my character "Urvashi" and its graph. It is nice to be the part of an interesting show.

Q:What is so special about your character "Urvashi" in "Saarkar"? If parallels are drawn between the serial and the Gandhi family, do you think you are portraying Sonia?

A:Comparing Urvashi with Sonia Gandhi is an unfair comparison. Urvashi is morally the strongest character. She speaks her mind and is managing the house. I do have a difference of opinion with the character of my husband, the role essayed by Ronit. By and large, Urvashi is a strong and silent person.

Q:Your role of "Mallika" in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii was negative but popular. How much did you relate to it?
A:The experience was outstanding. But I don't identify with it at all. The audience loved me. Whenever I met fans, they used to tell me - why don't you let Aryan marry Shruti??

Q:On the personal front, how come you changed your name from Priya to Tisca overnight?

A:The word "Tisca" means Holy River and that's my original name. Priya was the name given by the producer of my first film, as the alphabet P was lucky for him! But after that, I started using my original name...

Q:You are into the Buddhist way of life. How did it start?

A:It all started seven and a half years ago. I had few personal issues and I wasn't getting answers to my questions from anywhere. A family friend spoke to me about it. Initially, I started reading about it. I found comfort and what I needed. Buddhism is a way of my life now. Dr. Daisaku Ikada who lives in Japan is my Guru. I do intend to meet him someday. I was awarded a medal for art and culture through him recently too.

Q:What difference has Buddhism made in your life?

A:I have stopped feeling helpless. I don't look up to others to run my life. I know how to lead my life and get results out of it. I can help others become independent as well. I want to share what I have gained.

Q:Literature is supposed to be your second love. Does it run in the family, considering you are related to Mr. Khushwant Singh. What was his reaction on knowing that you are doing a show based on the Gandhi family?

A:I am a literature graduate from Hindu College, New Delhi. I read a lot of philosophy. Khushwant Singh is my mom's uncle. I have not met him for a long time. Till now, though, there has been no reaction from him on my role as such.

Q:Do you feel looking good is very important for TV actors?

A:Not at all. Actors like Irrfan Khan and Shefali Shah aren't really conventionally good looking. What matters most for a TV actor is a strong personality and the roles which should be interesting and which one can play with deep conviction.

Q:What are your future plans?
A:The future has its own plan. I have a lot of goals like opening a production house, take writing more seriously and do a few good films.

No comments:

Disclaimer -

All images and videos contained in this blog were found on the internet. If by anyhow any of them is offensive to you, please, contact us asking for the removal. If you own copyrights over any of them and do not agree with it being shown here, please send us an email with ownership proof and we will remove it.email us to roshyzinbox[at]yahoo.co.in
The photos posted in this blog belongs to the respective owners of the websites marked in the photos. The blog owner strongly recommend the viewers to visit the websites marked in the photos for more information on the photos, movie reviews, interviews, celebrity functions, etc